RELAX IN THE PEACE AND TRANQUILITY OF SEADRIFT BED AND BREAKFAST AND EXPLORE SOME OF THE MOST SPECTACULAR SCENERY IN SCOTLAND
Seadrift Bed and Breakfast
I have recently returned from a delightful short break on the beautiful shores of Lochalsh. My adventures took me onto Skye where I was walking amongst magnificent mountains. I went there to stay in a Bed and Breakfast just outside the Kyle of Lochalsh to sample its delights. I discovered a gem of a place in a peaceful but handy location ideal for exploring the Isle of Skye and breathtaking parts of the mainland. I went to review and report my experience and I have highlighted some of the finer points below.
When we pulled up in the car, I immediately felt that I was in a restful, relaxing environment. Facing onto the loch side it felt peaceful and tranquil. The house itself is a lovely modern home, owned by Lisa and David Bevan and was purpose built as a B&B. It has three guest bedrooms, all en-suite and two of them have a view of the sea loch. The bedrooms are very modern with beautiful furniture and fittings. We were immediately made to feel extremely welcome and comfortable with a lovely pot of hot coffee and delicious home made fruit cake.
This B&B is in a fantastic location for exploring on day trips. Located only a few miles from the Skye Bridge, it has many places nearby well worth a visit. Within easy reach of the B&B are a number of wonderful spots both on Skye and on the mainland and below are just a few of my favourites, although I am sure there are many more.
- Skye needs no introduction. It is a wonderful island to explore with just breathtaking Mountains and stunning beaches
- Torridon is also within easy reach. Excellent climbing country.
- The Applecross Peninsula is a short drive away.
- Glenelg is a favourite spot of mine if you are looking for peace and tranquillity.
- Eilean Donan Castle is only couple of miles away, one of the most famous castles in Scotland.
- Some stunning beaches can be found within easy reach.
- Glen Shiel similarly has some incredible mountains including the famous Five Sisters of Kintail.
I couldn’t imagine running out of things to do whilst staying at Seadrift. However if you don’t feel like driving anywhere, you don’t have to. Seadrift is set in a lovely little bay and there are plenty of walks along this coast and an abundance of birds and wildlife to observe. If the weather is bad, a range of Dvd’s are available to watch in your room and you may read books or play games from the range provided. The stunning map on the wall in the dining room allows you to plan walks. David is very knowledgeable about suitable outings in the area.
After a great sleep we were treated to a delicious breakfast. There was an enticing selection of fresh fruit and yoghurt and some home made granola which was just delicious. There was of course porridge available and a range of cereals. We enjoyed a full cooked Scottish breakfast with locally sourced meat products and eggs from David and Lisa’s own hens. The food on offer was just excellent and a very wide choice too including home made jams and marmalade.
I would recommend Seadrift Bed and Breakfast to anyone wishing to explore the area or the Isle of Skye mainly because of the following:
- It is a fantastic location with many activities locally
- It is set in a very quiet and tranquil location
- The room, furnishings, and towels were all of the highest quality
- We were made to feel very welcome indeed
- The food was excellent and of a very high standard
- The coffee machine in the bedroom is excellent
- There is a complimentary fridge for guests
- We were provided with fresh milk
- It was totally disability accessible with no steps into the house
We had a most enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing stay and I would like to return some day. The only thing I would mention to prospective guests is that Lisa and David have pet cats and a dog. Animal lovers tend to assume that everyone else loves pets too. This is not the case. As far I can see this is not mentioned on the Seadrift website however, I feel guests should be made aware of this. Although, pet lover or not, you will thoroughly enjoy your stay at the Seadrift Bed and Breakfast, set in a beautiful environment.